SENIORS COMMUNITY KITCHEN
Open to North End senior residents and senior clients of the Health Centre who wish to learn about nutrition, increase skills around budgeting and food purchasing. Seniors' Kitchen provides a healthy environment in which individuals can socialize and develop friendships.
438 Hughson Street North - Community Kitchen
Third Wednesday of the month from 11:30am to 2:30pm
Goals of the Program:
- To educate participants around nutrition, budgeting and shopping.
- To develop social networks for participants.
- To increase food access for seniors.
- To decrease isolation of seniors.
Description of Program (activities, participants, etc.):
- Cooking session and planning session on same day in the same week.
- Groups meet monthly.
- Participants learn about low-cost nutritional cooking.
- Opportunities for individuals to build a social network.
- Presentations/discussions around topics decided by group.
For more information, please contact:Andrew Sweetnam: 905-523-6611 ext. 3006