Open to all pregnant women. Program is beneficial for social interaction, nutrition education, and pre- and post-natal education.
Compass Community Health in the Community room (1st floor)
Meeting Times: Once per week- Thursdays 12:30pm to 2:30 pm
Goals of Program:
- To improve food security.
- To encourage health-enhancing behaviours of pregnant women and new mothers.
- To provide opportunities to meet other new mothers (and soon-to-be mothers).
Description of Program (activities, participants, etc.):
- Supportive and culturally-sensitive services are provided in a weekly informal drop-in.
- Promotion of healthy eating during pregnancy and lactation is facilitated through hands-on food preparation.
- A public health nurse and a dietitian provide pre-natal and post-natal education as needed.
- Participants receive a $10.00 food voucher each week. Bus tickets are available. Childcare is available for children 1-5 years, by a qualified Early Childhood Educator.
Graduates are given the opportunity to train as parent facilitators.
Click here for Welcome Baby
For more information, please contact: Cory Ma: 905-523-6611 ext. 3047