Open to all pregnant women. Program is beneficial for social interaction, nutrition education, and pre- and post-natal education.
Compass Community Health in the Community room (1st floor)
Meeting Times: Once per week- Thursdays 12:30pm to 2:30 pm
Goals of Program:
- To improve food security.
- To encourage health-enhancing behaviours of pregnant women and new mothers.
- To provide opportunities to meet other new mothers (and soon-to-be mothers).
Description of Program (activities, participants, etc.):
- Supportive and culturally-sensitive services are provided in a weekly informal drop-in.
- Promotion of healthy eating during pregnancy and lactation is facilitated through hands-on food preparation.
- A public health nurse and a dietitian provide pre-natal and post-natal education as needed.
- Participants receive a $10.00 food voucher each week. Bus tickets are available. Childcare is available for children 1-5 years, by a qualified Early Childhood Educator.
Graduates are given the opportunity to train as parent facilitators.
Click here for more information and details on all locations in Hamilton.
For more information, please contact: Cory Ma: 905-523-6611 ext. 3047